Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By using the services of Elite Drycleaners, hereafter referred to as ‘we’ you, the customer, hereafter referred to as ‘you’ are entering into the below agreement with the business.
All payments need to be made in full before any cleaning or repairs are made.
Your items will pass through our quality control but on collection you must check your order is complete. We cannot be held responsible for any missing or damaged items that we have not been made aware of within 1 hour of collection.
We inspect every item before returning it to you to ensure that it meets our strict quality standards. We will make every attempt to remove stains without damage to your item, but it should be noted however, that we do not guarantee the removal of any stains. In any case, the cleaning charge will apply regardless of whether the stain has been removed. Stain removal is often made easier if the stain is identified before cleaning and our ability to remove it will depend on several factors (including but not limited to age of the stain, composition, previous attempts to clean, nature of the fabric and dye).
It is important that you tell us if there are unusual stains and any information which could help us remove them as we can treat them before cleaning your item.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all items that you send to us for cleaning have proper care labels. We do not accept responsibility for items that have missing, unreadable or removed care labels and you accept that all such items are cleaned “at owners risk”
All items taken in by us are done so at the owner’s risk. When items are taken in, they will be inspected. If any items appear to be of particular risk, or special cleaning required associated with risk, you will be informed and may be asked to sign a note giving your consent and understanding of the risk involved.
When taking in items, an agreed collection date for the items will be arranged. You are not obliged to collect your items on that exact date. However, we cannot offer long-term storage. Therefore, you are to be aware that we will hold your items up to the term of 90 days following the due collection date. After this period, we can no longer store the items and therefore hold the right to withdraw the items from the store accordingly. If items are disposed after this 90 day period and you attempt to collect the items in question, we are not obliged to offer any compensation for any items removed from the store after this 90 day period.
We will accept no responsibility to items in a service wash becoming subjective to colour run in the washing process. We will wash lights and darks separately upon your request, however this will need to be separated by you.
We will accept no responsibility for any individual items claiming to have been lost from a service wash. As a service wash is accepted in bulk, individual items are not inventoried or itemised and therefore we, are not obliged to offer any compensation for claiming loss for an individual item.
We take the utmost care with your items however, responsibility will not be accepted by us when damage has occurred to your items when the article was damaged prior to the cleaning process from general wear and tear, or negligence on your part.
Unfortunately, we cannot be liable for:
• Any item which suffers colour loss / shrinkage/ damage, during the cleaning process, whereby the manufacturer’s care label instructions have been adhered to.
• Any item that does not show cleaning instructions.
• Any accessory attached to or contained within any item. An “accessory” means (but is not limited to) belts, buckles, buttons, broaches, beading, painted logos, leather trims, furs, signs, zips, hoods, collars and inner linings.
• Any item which is damaged by any accessory on that item.
• Any feather / down filled items such as duvets and down jackets.
• Any item that has deliberate crinkles or creased effects on the fabric which are removed during our cleaning process.
• Any item which, due to wear and tear or due to its integral nature, is unable to withstand a laundry or drycleaning process.
• Any item with faulty adhesives or interfacing which leave a mark after cleaning.
• In the event that any garment / item is lost / damaged by us and is part of a set e.g. two piece suit / furnishings / curtains / upholstery / laundry, We will only compensate for that lost / damaged item that is documented on the customers ticket. We will not compensate for retrospective value of set loss / damage.
Curtain, Blinds (venetian,roman) Upholster and Sofa Cover Cleaning
Whilst all reasonable care will be taken, we can not be held responsible for:-
• Wear/tear problems – Curtains, Upholstery and Sofa Covers material and linings can be extremely weak due to the atmospheric conditions they find themselves in and the constant use of the items. Often the cotton material has weakened due to the sunlight, it can be rotten. The mechanical action of the cleaning process can cause this material to rip.
• Fading – Sunlight, atmospheric conditions, heat, damp and cold can react on colours, both changing and fading some fabrics. Once surface soil is removed these differences may be highlighted.
• Stains – Conditions prevailing during use can cause stains to set and be highlighted after cleaning.
• Linings – Taking the brunt of sunlight and other conditions will in time weaken and may shred linings after cleaning. It is not always possible to foresee this except in a very weak state. It is usually possible to arrange a relining service if the need arises, we will not be responsible to pay for the relining of the curtains. Thermal linings can present problems of delamination, once degraded.
• Weakened main curtain fabric as a result of ultra violet light exposure – May only be noticeable after they are taken down. Any weak fabric may be damaged during cleaning
• Glued-on trims – many adhesives will not withstand the solvents used in cleaning, especially if affected by exposure to light or if more than one year old
• Tassels – these may have been weakened by the effects of light
• Watermarks contained within the fabric – May not be possible to be removed during cleaning
• Old or Poor Stitching – May loosen during cleaning
• Flocked velvet may change in nature and become hardened
• Tie-backs – many of these are not designed to be dry-cleaned. Some are stiffened with plastic liners and often glued during make-up for ease of manufacture
• Weights in the bottoms of curtains – these can be small, round, lead weights or chains that can do untold damage during cleaning as they are smashed against the cage sides during the tumbling action. Customer must remove if possible
• Swags and tails – these are often cut on the cross (bias) to aid the drape. They can be pulled out of shape during cleaning.
• Silver and gold painted designs – most pigments only adhere lightly to the surface of the fabric and can be lost during cleaning. Some may survive the first or second clean, but loss can be progressive over each clean, depending on the amount of mechanical action they are subjected to. Please be aware we are not responsible for this loss
• Relaxation shrinkage – Can be seen by the release of spinning and weaving tension, particularly during a first clean (British standards does allow for 3-5% relaxation shrinkage). When material is made, it is stretched to maximise yield. When material is cleaned/washed first, it relaxes. This will cause the material to shrink, sometimes more than 10% of the original size. It is crucial that when Curtains, Upholstery and Sofa Covers are made, the material is preshrunk/relaxed before being made into curtains. If this hasn’t been done with your Curtains, Upholstery and Sofa Covers, you can expect shrinkage of more than 10%. If your curtains have been handmade, it is important to ask if the manufacturer has shrunk the material before you clean your curtains.
If your Curtains, Upholstery and Sofa Covers are handmade, you must ensure that the material has been pre-shrunk before we clean your garments. It is highly likely that the material hasn’t been pre-shrunk. Therefore, your Curtains, Upholstery and Sofa Covers will shrink/fibres will relax once they have been processed by us. It is highly unlikely, that we will be able to stretch these garments after the cleaning process if they haven’t been pre-shrunk.
The customer must understand and accept that whilst we will use our best endeavours to process your Curtains, Upholstery and Sofa Covers safely, we cannot be held responsible for any deterioration or damage caused to the areas/components indicated above for the reasons outlined.
In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with our service, we require that you notify us, within 48hours from collecting your item and return the item to our shop, with the label attached and item ensuring that it is returned unworn/unused within our original packaging.
Please be advised that we will not accept back any item that has been worn or accept complaints after a 48 hour period. For missing or lost items, we have 14 working days to investigate the matter.
Liability for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or damaged items is limited to the lesser of 10 times the cleaning cost or the depreciated value of the item as determined by the Textile Service Association (TSA) fair compensation guidelines when a valid proof of purchase is provided. Where proof of purchase cannot be provided, liability will be the lesser of 5 times the cleaning cost or the depreciated value of the item as determined by the Textile Service Association (TSA) fair compensation guidelines.
We will not be liable for any items not collected more than 90 days following the due collection date.
• Any claim settled by us will be on condition that it is accepted by you as full and final settlement. We reserve the right to retain permanent ownership of the damaged items.
• We will not be liable for any damage which is not related to or caused by the cleaning process
• We will not be liable for any claim which is excluded under General Exclusions above. We follow the Textile Service Association (TSA) industry guidelines for fair compensation. From these guidelines we would potentially compensate you once liability is proven by us, only once the age, original value, and proof of purchase from you is clearly established.
• We do not replace old for new and therefore need to establish the age, state, and condition of the item(s) prior to any compensation being paid out.
Collection and delivery
We will use reasonable efforts to collect and re-deliver Items at the pre-arranged times, but we cannot guarantee to do so. We will try our best to communicate any delay to you by phone or email and to deliver orders to you within the timeslot agreed but exclude any liability for any and all consequential losses which you may suffer as a result of late delivery.
If you are not available to accept redelivery of Items, we will contact you by phone or email to arrange redelivery at your convenience.
If delivery is not possible due to you being unavailable at the designated time, a redelivery charge of £20.00 will be charged foreach consequent attempt of delivery. We will endeavour to find a suitable redelivery time for both parties.
If you have failed to accept or arrange redelivery of an Item for more than 90 days after the redelivery date originally agreed, we may dispose of the Item.
In the event of the driver arriving at the assigned slot and you are not available, you will be charged an undelivered fee of £20. We must be informed 8 hours before the start of the slot if you are not available.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions without notice. New Terms & Conditions will be made available in our shop and on our web site.
These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.